Wednesday, July 13, 2016

WEEK 3 - HALF WAY THRU MTC

¡Hola Amigos y familia! Otra semana en la cuidad de Mexico! ALright i´ll be done with spanish for those of you who have no idea what i just said hahaha. Well honestly my time here in Mexico City is really starting to fly by like i swear every week goes by faster than the last and i think it has to do with the fact that I´m beginning to understand and speak a lot more spanish than the previous weeks so that always makes things more fun and time flies when you´re havin fun so there ya go! I´ve been out on my mission for 3 weeks from yesterday and its crazy to think im coming up on my first month mark like wow 2 years really isnt that long. But the key is ya gotta take it day by day, hour by hour and sometimes if you´re super stressed, every 15 minutes at a time. 

Here in the Mexico City MTC (missionary training center) i´ve began to develop some really awesome friendships with my fellow missionaries. Everyone here is so nice and friendly and genuinely interested in who you are as a person, where you come from, and what your life was like before we all started this craazy adventure that we´re on. Figures you´d get people like that from a group of people who have dedicated the next 18 months (women) or 24 months (men) to talking to people around the world and trying to help them with their personal trials and allow them the opportunity to come unto Christ and receive His Gospel. 

This week we had the opportunity to hear from an Apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We believe this man to be an apostle just like Peter, James, or John were apostles during Jesus´ministry on the Earth. Anyways, he told us that our main reason for dedicating years of our lives to this mission is to help people around the world better themselves, better their lives, and feel the love of Christ. I truly know that missionary work is as rigourous and as difficult as it is because our purpose is way too important for us to do any less. I´m excited to talk to the people of Chile, i´m excited to hear about their problems and personal trials that they´re going through and i´m excited to have the opportunity to fix those problems. I know that i personally don´t know the answer to every question or the solution to every problem. I am 18 after all. But i know that Christ has all the answers if we just take the time and ask. I know that i´m not serving as just 18 year old Carlos Cabrera, I´m serving as a representative of Jesus Christ and because of that i can truly help the people of Chile. I´m excited for the challenge. 

I´m sorry for any grammatical errors im typing on a spanish computer.

I love you all







1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with your words! Receive my love as always/uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete