Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The one with the last email

Well, here we are guys. after all this time that ive been writing home and keeping you all updates on my life in chile, its finally coming to an end. by this time next week i should be home in Fresno and this crazy/awesome experience ive had in chile these past 2 years will become a memory fo the past. i dont want to say that these have been the best 2 years of my life because that implies that i wont get any better from here on out. better said, it has been the best 2 years FOR my life. this has truly been a once in a lifetime experience to have been able to serve as a full-time representative of the Lord Jesus Christ and to have had the opportunity to help great quantities of God's children in such a variety of ways. Never again will i be able to walk through swarms of dogs and not be concerned if they have owners (most dont) , never again will i be talking with random alcoholics and drug addicts about the importance of Jesus Christ in our lives and how he can help us, never again, never again will i knock a door and when the door opens decide if i should begin to speak english, spanish,or creollo. never again will i be able to wake up and ahve my only concern be what the Lord wants me to do with my day. My mission has truly been one of a kind. It's shaped me, molded me, broken me down, and built me back up again. i have felt the heat of the refiner's fire as the Lord had slowly shaped me more into the person that he wants me to become. I have come to a greater knowledge of my Redeemer and i have come to know Him personally. I testify that he lives and loves us all more than we can ever comprehend. i know all these things and more to be true and i will never be able to repay the time I've had here in Chile for what it's taught me. I don't consider myself to be different, I'm still me, just a better version of me. I cant tell you all how excited i am to see you all again and i want to say thank you for all the love and support that I've felt throughout this whole journey. I guess this is it guys, i love you all and ill be seeing you really soon!!! catch me at the lake, the pool or your nearest Chipotle.
much love always, Elder Carlos Cabrera signing off for the last time


















No comments:

Post a Comment